"A beautiful piece of lamb is coated with a fresh rosemary-garlic mixture and topped with a delicious mint pea pesto." See Robin's original post at Cali Girl Cooking.
For the lamb:
2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 5 cloves)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tsp olive oil
3-5 pounds rack of Australian lamb
For the pesto:
1 C fresh mint
1 C fresh cooked peas
1/2 C grated Parmesan
1/2 C pine nuts, toasted
2 cloves garlic, peeled
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 C plus 3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat your grill to high heat. If using the Big Green Egg, you'll want it to read a temperature of 500 degrees F.
2. Next, prepare the herb rub for the rack of lamb. Combine garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl, then rub onto both sides of the lamb rack.
3. Once the grill or Big Green Egg is heated properly, add the lamb and cook for 7-8 minutes each side, or until internal temperature reaches between 120 and 125 degrees F (for medium-rare.) Remove the lamb and let rest in a warm place for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
4. You can make the Mint Pea Pesto prior to grilling the lamb or while the lamb is resting. Combine all pesto ingredients except the olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients come together to form a rough spread, then slowly stream in the olive oil. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once lamb has rested and pesto is prepared, cut the lamb into chops and top each top with a heavy dollop of pesto. Reserve extra pesto for crusty bread or save for a future quick and easy pasta dinner!