A simply and decadent Spring lamb dish, perfect for any dinner occasion.
1.75 lb. Lamb shoulder chops
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1 large Thyme bundle (About 1/4 cup)
2 cups Quality beef stock
1 cup Red wine (Shiraz)
10 oz. Bag of frozen raspberries (thawed)
4 large Cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
3 tbsp. Tomato paste
1. Turn Instant Pot onto the sauté setting. When heated, add the olive oil and 2-3 sections of lamb. Sear on all sides for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic about halfway through. Sear the meat in batches until all pieces are completely seared on all sides and the garlic is fragrant and soft.
2. Remove the meat and deglaze the pot with the beefstock. Add the red wine, tomato paste, thyme and raspberries. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the meat back in, arrange so the meat is almost completely submerged, and reset the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook (high pressure). Set the timer for 40 minutes, cover, lock and close the vent.
4. After the 40 minute timer is up, allow the steam pressure to naturally release for an additional 20 minutes. Manually release the remaining steam pressure and carefully uncover.
5. Plate each serving. Stir the leftover broth well and ladle a few spoonfuls of the broth over the meat and side dishes. Serve immediately.