Chef Michelle Lainez prepares a delightful lamb chop perfect for Spring.
¼ cup blended or olive oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 head garlic, about 10 cloves
2 sprigs rosemary
2 racks of lamb
Recipe for the Sauce:
2 baskets blackberries
(you can sub with cherries if blackberries are unavailable)
2-3 ounces port or verjus wine
3 slices garlic
1 tablespoon butter
As needed chicken stock or water
1. In a Vitamix, place oil, lemon juice and garlic and puree till smooth in texture.
2. In a large Ziplock bag, place lamb, marinade and rosemary sprigs, let it marinate overnight.
3. Remove from marinade and squeeze off excess, place on a plate and bring to room temperature. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat grill to 350 degrees, and place the lamb rack flesh side down.
5. Let it grill for at least 5 to 10 minutes before flipping it over.
6. Cook to desired temperature, remove from grill and let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes then carve into the racks.